Personal injury law covers many different types of injury and illness. At our firm, we handle many of the areas that fall under personal injury, including:
- Car Accidents: Automobile accidents can cause serious injuries. When a car accident wasn’t your fault, you have a right to bring a claim against the responsible driver for your injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical accidents and hospital-acquired illnesses happen too often. When a doctor is negligent in their care, you can bring a personal injury lawsuit against them or the hospital.
- Slip and Falls: Fall injuries can be serious, especially to at-risk populations like the elderly. When a fall is caused by a dangerous condition in a building or on outdoor property, the victim has a right to file a personal injury claim.
- Birth Injuries: The birth process can result in serious injuries to both mother and child if the obstetrician, nurses, or hospital staff are negligent.
- Elder Abuse: In nursing homes and rehabilitation centers, many staff people abuse and neglect their patients, causing serious injuries and disabilities. The family of the victim needs to speak up and bring a personal injury lawsuit on behalf of their loved one.
- Brain Injuries: Head and brain injuries can be the result of many different types of accidents, but they result in serious permanent disabilities to the victim.
- Professional Disability: If a disability prevents you from engaging in work, there are several different ways that you can utilize your legal rights to seek compensation.