There are many different types of medical malpractice. Some types are the result of a doctor’s poor decision making, and other kinds can be the fault of the hospital in general. Some of the types of medical malpractice that our Encino personal injury lawyers can help you with include:
- Surgery Errors: Surgical mistakes are very serious accidents. They include things like nicked arteries or organs, wrong surgery site, wrong procedure, and the retention of surgical sponges or instruments inside the patient.
- Medication Errors: Medication mistakes can be serious and even deadly mistakes, and include prescribing the wrong medication, administering an improper dosage, or failing to administer the necessary medication to the patient.
- Misdiagnosis / Undiagnosed Illness: When a doctor misses all of the warning signs for an illness, the patient may be able to bring a misdiagnosis claim against the doctor. This form of medical malpractice often occurs in cancer patients, where the failure to diagnose cancer at the outset diminishes the patient’s chance of survival through early intervention.
- Birth Injuries: Both mother and child can be seriously injured in the birth process if an obstetrician or hospital staff is negligent during childbirth.
- Lab Errors: When a patient’s diagnostic test results are incorrect because of a lab technician’s negligence, the patient may have a right to bring a claim if the negligent testing resulted in an injury or illness to the patient.
- Hospital Infections: Sometimes, a patient suffers serious infections that are acquired in a hospital or other facility. When these infections are the result of negligent medical care or unsanitary conditions, the victim has a right to file a medical malpractice claim.