How to File a Lawsuit for Injuries in San Fernando Valley, California
When you suffer an injury or illness, you often feel scared, overwhelmed, and exhausted. An injury doesn’t just take a physical toll on the victim, but it can also take an emotional and financial toll on the victim and their family. If your injury or illness was the result of someone else’s negligence, you have a right to file a lawsuit in an area of law called personal injury. California personal injury law developed as a means of helping injured people get compensation for their injuries so that they can pay for their medical expenses and the pain and suffering they have endured. At the Law Offices of Koorosh Shahrokh, we understand what you are going through, and we will use our expertise to help you get the best possible settlement in your case.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in San Fernando Valley, CA
Personal injury law covers many different types of injury and illness. At our firm, we handle many of the areas that fall under personal injury, including:
- Car Accidents: Automobile accidents can cause serious injuries. When a car accident wasn’t your fault, you have a right to bring a claim against the responsible driver for your injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical accidents and hospital-acquired illnesses happen too often. When a doctor is negligent in their care, you can bring a personal injury lawsuit against them or the hospital.
- Slip and Falls: Fall injuries can be serious, especially to at-risk populations like the elderly. When a fall is caused by a dangerous condition in a building or on outdoor property, the victim has a right to file a personal injury claim.
- Birth Injuries: The birth process can result in serious injuries to both mother and child if the obstetrician, nurses, or hospital staff are negligent.
- Elder Abuse: In nursing homes and rehabilitation centers, many staff people abuse and neglect their patients, causing serious injuries and disabilities. The family of the victim needs to speak up and bring a personal injury lawsuit on behalf of their loved one.
- Brain Injuries: Head and brain injuries can be the result of many different types of accidents, but they result in serious permanent disabilities to the victim.
- Professional Disability: If a disability prevents you from engaging in work, there are several different ways that you can utilize your legal rights to seek compensation.
How an San Fernando Valley Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Get Compensation
If you have suffered an injury, you may be able to file a personal injury claim to compensate you for your medical bills and your pain and suffering. Personal injury claims are available to any victim who suffered an injury because of another person’s negligence, but the victim only has a limited amount of time to file their claim. If you have suffered any type of personal injury, contact the Law Offices of Koorosh Shahrokh today to learn more about filing a personal injury claim in San Fernando Valley.